Mike Talks About the Best 3 Ways to Make Money With A Blog
Probably one of the most common questions we have been getting lately is, “How do I make money with my blog?”
When the question is coming from a newbie blogger, the answer is something to the effect of…
“Focus more on producing content people want to read, and grow your readership before you think about money”
Blogging for money isn't particularly difficult any more. You don't have to be famous or even have huge traffic (although how much money you make from your blog will depend on both of these factors to some extent).
Once you have a little bit of experience blogging under your belt, then you can start focusing on how to monetize your traffic. You can get blogging for money by using one or more of these seven ideas.
1. Blogging for Money by using Advertising Programs.There are a lot of advertising program options for blogging for money. Here are just four of the options to make money using your blog. These entail putting ads on your blog pages:
* Google's Adsense
* Text Link Ads
Now there are other ways of placing ads besides on the blog pages themselves. You can always put advertising on your RSS feeds by using programs like Pheedo.
2. Blogging for Money using Affiliate Programs.In affiliate marketing, a company agrees to pay you a commission for helping to sell their products. You get to take advantage of selling a product without having to hold an inventory. Visitors see the company's ad on your Web pages and, if they click through to the company's Website and do a particular thing, you'll get paid. The particular thing the visitor has to do varies; some affiliate programs pay per click while others pay per lead or even per sale.
The four biggest (and most established) online affiliate programs that you can use for blogging for money are:
* Commission Junction
3. Using a Company Sponsorship when Blogging for Money.One way of blogging for money is blog sponsorship. It is becoming a growing trend as more businesses realize the popularity of blogging and the potential marketing reach of bloggers. Company sponsorship agreements range from the obvious "advertising" blogs that are focused on promoting a company's product(s) by adding a company's name, logo and brand to an existing blog ("sponsored by...").
Unfortunately, you already have to be established in order to attract sponsorship for this way of blogging for money.
4. Being Hired to Blog.Many businesses would love to have blogs because they realize the advantages. But they just don't have anyone currently on staff who has the time and the talent to put a blog together and keep it going. That is why they are looking to hire people to either write individual blog posts, or even manage and maintain regular content on their blog site.
The key to getting a job like that is to find jobs like that. You may even have to convince businesses that they want/need the services and persuading them that you're the blogger they need. That could mean that you’ll have to do some due diligent research and some cold calling unless you already have a high profile and a track record that will bring the businesses calling.
5. Freelance Blogging for Money.Blog networks are springing up all over the internet, especially since Google’s Panda and Penguin wreaked havoc on the old way to ranking on Google. To help get the content on all the blogs, there are people looking for people who are blogging for money. Payment models vary but a fixed monthly payment in exchange for a specified number of blog posts seems to be most common, though I personally have paid people on Fiverr for one off posts.
6. Create a Blog to Advertise Specific Products or Services.Blogs are fast becoming the trendy alternative to the classic sales letter site. Instead of sales letters, the pitch is woven into as many blog entries as possible - or even used a tagline to every blog entry.
7. Selling Intellectual Property as a Means of Blogging for Money.This idea is closely related to blogging for money method #6. But in this case the intellectual property you're promoting is just part of or incidental to the blog you're writing. The product is not the reason for the blog. For instance, you might have a blog about carpentry and be selling an ebook about how to build a shed on your pages.
An advantage of Kalatu is that you can both blog on it, and sell it as an affiliate product.
The Cold Hard Fact about Blogging for MoneyNo matter which "blogging for money" method you ultimately decide to go with, there's still one secret to success: you need to take action. Unfortunately you cannot have any success from blogging for money if you don’t blog regularly. We recommend Kalatu for your blogging platform.
So what are you waiting for?